Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Candelabra Centerpieces

 One of the things I have realised during the planning process of my wedding is just how EXPENSIVE flowers are! I never had a true appreciation of how much flowers cost until I was staring at the possibility of spending quite a bit of my wedding budget on centerpieces...which to me is absolutely ridiculous. Now dont get me wrong, I am a total flower type of girl, especially with the theme of my wedding (vintagey and very feminine) I was really, really interested in trumpet vases with the huge floral arrangement of roses and hydrangeas... Exhibit A...




 Sigh.... well a girl could dream. But after seeing the price tag of my dream floral arrangement, I quickly snapped back to reality. So whats a girl to do? Time to get crafty! I needed to capture the vintage/feminine feel yet...not blow my entire budget on flowers. So first thing that popped into my head were candles, and then shortly after candelabras. They are romantic, vintagey, feminine AND inexpensive! You can use them with tapered candles, and little or no flowers like this.......



Or...you can use some flowers to dress up the candelabra, either way it won't cost you as much as it would have if you only used the trumpet vase and large floral arrangement as your centerpiece. Afterall every dollar counts when you are planning a wedding!





If you are feeling like a DIY challenge, you can find some inexpensive option on Save On Craft here I will attempt to do one, and see what the end results look like, and will be sure to share with you all.

xoxo.



1 comment:

  1. You're definitely right about flowers being expensive. Like you, a lot of people don't realize just how pricey nice floral arrangements can be. That's why I love what you said about candelabra being inexpensive. I always wondered what makes it so inexpensive, since I think they look really nice. My daughter is currently in the process of finding some nice candelabra centerpieces for her wedding because she likes how they look. Hopefully she can have a positive experience like you did! http://www.preciousgiftsnmore.com/dept-45010

    ReplyDelete